Ok, to my dismay I’m failing in my cooking challenge already because glancing at my last few posts, I’m in an ingredient rut again!!
Always spinach, always cheesy. Man, where’s the duck parfit, the salmon en croute, the ratatouille??
Oh well, I’ll keep trying.
So this was a deliciously garlicky mac and cheese which also enabled me to stuff the goblin full of spinach without him knowing/protesting.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Gf Penne pasta (however much you need)
- Loads of cheddar and a bit of Parmesan
- Milk (I used almond but any will work)
- A little butter
- A big handful of spinach, very finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- A little mustard
- Flour (I used gf and didn’t measure it out, just chucked it in until the sauce thickened)
- 1-2 ryvita biscuits
After chopping the spinach super fine, I crushed the garlic and mixed the two together, then fried them in the heated olive oil.
As the pasta cooked, I added the butter, milk, and flour to the spinach and garlic and kind of made a messy bechemel sauce. When the pasta was ready, I added the cheddar and Spring onions to the sauce, and stirred till the cheese melted. Then I mixed in the pasta, then poured the whole lot into my baking dish.
Whacked it in the oven for about 10 minutes then another 5 minutes under the grill to make the gratin crispy!
I drizzled sweet chilli sauce on mine. It was banging 👌